Art Direction: Art Direction is a skill on top of Graphic Design; this was my focus of study at Portfolio Center. It involves implementing all the steps to create a visual solution to a marketing project and seeing through the implementation of all the steps.
- Concept of ads to meet the marketing objective in a creative way, while adhering to–or creating–your product positioning so you don’t sound like Just Another Company.
- Copywriting lite, headlines, taglines
- Being involved in photo shoots to make sure the pictures aren’t just good but will work for your project.
- Hiring illustrators to make sure their style matches your message.
- Overseeing print projects and web developers to make sure you get what you planned for.
- Making sure all parts of multi-piece projects adhere to your brand and work together
Logo Designs: Brand, brand, brand…it is your face to the public. Possibly the most important piece of design you will deal with and it will be on everything. While there are $25 make-a-logos available, the finished product will not accurately represent your unique benefits and often the results look like every other logo. My logos are unique and original, created with your marketing image and goals specifically in mind. It will make you look professional, be remembered and stand out from your competition.
Graphic Design: This is the art of blending elements to get your message across. To make sure visuals and copy are seen as needed, elements have one voice all the while evoking the emotion you want. Graphic design isn’t just pretty pictures. It has a job to do. If it doesn’t do it’s job, it has failed.
- Books, magazines and Publications
- Custom invitations and Menus
- Digital and Print ad/campaigns
- Posters, Signage and POP
- Sell sheets and Brand Literature
- Web & Digital Design
- Eblasts and e-newsletters
- Retouching/Digital Illustration/Typography
Websites: While my background has largely been in print, I also create websites and digital ads. Most of my projects are fairly simple sites, but I also partner with coders and website experts if complex usability is needed. Here are a few of my sites:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Photoshop (Retouching/Compositing)
- Acrobat Pro
- Microsoft Word